We do not offer a pre-evaluation service. For us to evaluate your file, you must submit an application for admission that includes all necessary documents.
Prepare your application
Explore our programs. In some programs, you can apply to the Co-operative Education Program, French Immersion Studies or the Extended French Stream. Just indicate your choice on the application form.
Find out which prerequisite courses you need for the program(s) you’re interested in, according to your province or territory. You must have taken these secondary school prerequisite courses or their university equivalents.
Make sure to meet the application deadlines.
- While most programs accept admission applications until June 1, some programs have different deadlines. It’s important for you to check the deadlines before applying.
- We reserve the right to stop accepting applications before the deadline.
Provide the documents required to fully evaluate your file
Official transcript from your university
- If you’ve studied at an Ontario university you can complete the Transcript Request Form (105) on the OUAC website.
- If your university was in another province or territory, you must authorize it to send your transcript directly to the University of Ottawa by mail.
Secondary school transcript
- Required for anyone who has completed less than three years of postsecondary studies.
- Required if you took the prerequisite courses for your program in secondary school.
- You are responsible for having your secondary school transcript sent to the University by mail.
Postsecondary school transcripts
- Required for anyone who has completed one or more sessions of studies in a postsecondary institution.
- Required if the prerequisite courses for your program were taken in a postsecondary institution.
- Codes and titles of courses you are currently taking.
- Official descriptions of all courses taken in university that could be recognized for advanced standing (descriptions must come from the university calendar or bear the university seal).
- We may request any other document that we consider necessary to evaluate your file.
Learn about how your application is handled
When evaluating your application, we may decide to grant you advanced standing if you have passed courses that meet the requirements of the program in question with a grade of at least 60%.
- We work with a consortium of six Ontario universities to make it easier for students to receive credits for courses they have already taken.
- The table of course equivalencies for popular and high enrolment courses can give you more information about this.
- We calculate your admission average according to our official alphanumeric grading system, which can vary from methods used by other universities. The final calculation of your average could therefore differ from the calculation you may have received from another institution.
Admissions decisions are not all sent out at the same time. The program you have chosen and the strength of your application can determine when your admission decision is sent out.
Keep informed after sending in your application
We will acknowledge receipt of your application within two weeks by email. Save this message, because it contains your username and the password you’ll need to track your application.
Check the status of your application through InfoWeb. Remember: your InfoWeb identifier number (your student number) and password are included in the acknowledgement of receipt of your application.
Please note that not checking your InfoWeb account, personal or @uOttawa email is not considered justification for the University to re-open your admission application or offer of admission file once it has been cancelled or closed.